Email is one of the most important means of business communication. It has a dominating presence in the corporate sector but besides that, it has also gained enough popularity in informal communication because of its versatile benefits. But like the positive attention, the popularity of emails has also got some negative attention. Hackers have been launching malicious attacks on communication through emails.there are a few things that you can do when your ATT Email Hacked.
Emails are often hacked by the hackers for gaining control over the system, steal away information and data, and misplace communication and other major reasons.
- Step 1: The first thing that you must do after discovering that your ATT email hacked is you must change your password. Use a very strong password. To strengthen your password you can use upper and lower case characters, numeric and symbols in a single password. This will keep away hackers from deciphering your password.
- Step 2: If the hacker has changed the password of your account after using then you must reclaim your account by selecting the option “For your password”. It will redirect you to your alternate email account or send a message on your registered phone number. Using any of these you can log in and reclaim your email account. This time use a very strong password!
- Step 3: You must ensure double layer authentication process to access your account. With this, the user of this email account would have to use One Time Password which will be sent to the registered mobile number. Using this user can only enter the account. This will ensure that no one other than the user can have access to this account.
- Step 4: After you are done with recovering your account, you must check the settings of the email. Check to confirm whether the hacker has made any changes and no unexpected email addresses have been added. Also check whether the hacker has created any spamming signature or not. Apart from the armies must check whether the auto-responded has been turned on or not.
- Step 5: After all these are done run a through scan to find any malware that has infected your computer. If you have malware then with the help of the anti-malware programmer remove them and free your system from them. Once the system is free from malware, log into your email account from another computer and cross-check whether that computer is also affected with malware. If yes then fix the problem and again change the password.
If your ATT Email Hacked once then it has surely come under the notice of hackers. It would be best to recover AT&T email hacked account and take suggestions from expert professionals there to further keep your email account far from the reach of hackers.
If you are having any problem with opening your email account, then give a call to the AT&T email helpline number for further assistance and guidance.