1. From the file tab, select Add Account.
2. In the Add New Account window, Select the Manually configure server settings and select next.
3. When asked: Would you like to configure an E-mail Account? Select Yes, then select Next.
4. Select the POP or IMAP radio button, and then select Next.
5. In the User Information section, enter your name and email address.
6. In the Server Information section, For Account Type, select POP3, For Incoming mail server, enter inbound.att.net, For Outgoing mail (SMTP) server, enter outbound.att.net.
7. In the Logon Information section, enter your User Name, your Password, and then select the Remember password checkbox and select More settings.
8. On the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. On the Advanced tab, Set Incoming server (POP 3) to port 995, Select this checkbox: This server requires a secure connection (SSL), Set Outgoing server (SMTP) to port 465, For Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL.
10. Select OK, Next, and then Finish.
In order to use ATT email effectively, the user needs to have the ATT email setup outlookeffectively. Thus it will help the user to make the utmost use of ATT email as well. The above-mentioned steps are as per the guidelines of the ATT technical support team experts.
If you are encountering trouble relating to the ATT email setup outlook, then you can call us at our ATT support toll-free helpline number at any time. We are accessible 24*7 to administer assistance to clients as we are happy to help you at any point of time, day and night.
But if you are still not able to configure it then contact ATT email support by calling 1-877-827-1416 toll free . And our expert technician will help you.